- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A green screen behind Evening News anchor Jeff Glor read “Mooves Mum” during coverage of the sexual misconduct allegations first reported in a July story in The New Yorker.
Twitter users quickly pointed out the error. “Wow, @CBSNews can’t even spell his name. Is this the ultimate dis? Moove over, Moonves! #TimesUp,” one user wrote. “@CBSNews He’s not gone yet, isn’t it a little early to typo the boss’s name?” another said.
Moonves is staying on as CEO and chairman of CBS while the network conducts an investigation, which is to be conducted by law firms Covington & Burling and Debevoise & Plimpton.
During CBS’ earnings call earlier Thursday, Moonves received no questions about the allegations of misconduct by six women in Ronan Farrow’s New Yorker story. A CBS executive warned participants ahead of time that the CEO would only discuss quarterly earnings and not legal matters.
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to CBS News for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day