- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veteran journalist Richard Huff has joined CBS News as executive director of communications.
“Richard is a journalist of exceptional caliber, with a broad and substantial range of experience,” Sonya McNair, senior vp communications at CBS News, said Thursday in announcing the move. “He has an intuitive grasp of the role of communications within the news industry.”
Huff will be involved in strategic communications and brand development for CBS News shows including 48 Hours Mystery, CBS Sunday Morning and CBS News primetime specials.
He most recently deputy was features editor, television, at The New York Daily News. He has also written for The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, TWICE Magazine and several small newspapers.
Huff has written more than 10 books including The Jarretts, Reality Television, The Making of a Race Car, The Insider’s Guide to Stock Car Racing and Behind The Wall: A Season on the NASCAR Circuit.
An adjunct professor at the New School University in New York City, Huff also teaches journalism. An Intermediate journalism program he created there begins in 2013.
Huff, who is also a volunteer emergency medial technician in Highlands, N.J., starts at CBS News in May.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day