- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS has renewed daytime soap The Young and the Restless for three more years, through the 2013-14 season.
In its current season, Restless has drawn an average of 5.15 million viewers, making it the top daytime drama on television. It is also No. 1 in women 18-49 (1.7 million) and women 25-54 (2.3 million).
“The Young and the Restless has been the No. 1 daytime drama on television for more than two decades, as well as an enduring symbol of CBS’ success in the daypart,” said Barbara Bloom, svp of daytime at CBS. “Our audience’s beloved characters in Genoa City will continue to flourish under the leadership of head writer and executive producer Maria Bell and the wonderful storytelling ahead.”
The daytime soap is produced by Bell Dramatic Serial Company, in association with Sony TV. It has been on the air since 1973, and was created by William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day