- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elementary has landed the coveted post-Super Bowl slot, CBS said Monday.
The freshman drama starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu will air at 7 p.m. PT/10 p.m. ET on Feb. 3, after the postgame coverage. The modern take on Sherlock Holmes ranks as the No. 2 new drama so far this season, behind CBS’ Vegas.
Earlier this year, NBC aired the second-season premiere of The Voice in the plum post-Super Bowl time slot, drawing 37.6 million total viewers, including 16.3 million in the key adults 18-49 demo. That Feb. 5 game was the most-watched program in U.S. history, with an estimated average audience of 111.3 million.
STORY: Beyonce to Perform at Super Bowl Halftime Show
In 2011, Fox aired a special football-themed episode of Glee after the Super Bowl, and CBS launched reality show Undercover Boss after the big game in 2010. Other scripted series to land the prime real estate have included The Office, House, Criminal Minds and Grey’s Anatomy.
Beyonce will headline the Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show. Madonna topped the bill at this year’s game, backed by Nicki Minaj, Cee Lo Green, LMFAO and M.I.A.
CBS will broadcast Super Bowl XLVII live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day