- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How I Met Your Mother had an end date. The CBS sitcom will close out its ninth and final season on the early side, concluding with a one-hour episode on March 31.
The network is using the big event to launch new series Friends With Better Lives at 9 p.m. — though it will soon move to its regular slot of 8:30 p.m.
That means that 2 Broke Girls is moving yet again. CBS’ second-highest-rated comedy will shift into How I Met Your Mother‘s 8 p.m. anchor slot starting April 14.
2 Broke Girls won’t immediately move to the 8 p.m. slot on account of the NCAA men’s basketball championship taking up much of the block on April 7. Mike & Molly and Mom are staying put during the shuffle — and freshman drama Intelligence will have already moved into Hostages‘ 10 p.m. hour.
CBS has played with Monday’s lineup already this season when it canceled freshman We Are Men and moved 2 Broke Girls to 8:30 p.m., where it has been performing better than it did at 9 p.m. The network is looking for a Monday ratings heir apparent to How I Met Your Mother in anticipation of the series’ end, and is already prepping a possible spinoff with producers at 20th Century Fox TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day