- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As a little experiment, the network is going to swap 9 p.m.’s “Three Rivers” and 10 p.m.’s “Cold Case” to see if either show is improved by the change.
The one-time scheduling switch comes as rumors circulate that CBS is contemplating an additional script order for “Three Rivers” (two) and possibly even ordering additional episodes (five). The network may be waiting for nationals to come in tomorrow for Sunday’s episode (which hit a season high in the preliminary ratings) before making a decision.
As noted in that ratings post, “Rivers” tends to get blamed for the performance of “Case,” which rose last year when it had a better lead-in from “Without a Trace.” CBS probably figures they’ll give “Case” the stronger “Amazing Race” lead in and push “Rivers” to where there’s less competition at 10 p.m. and see what happens. Worth a shot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day