- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Peete will appear on Mike & Molly in a multiple episode arc. She’ll play a love interest to Mike’s (Billy Gardell) partner on the police force, Carl (Reno Wilson), who’s romantically challenged.
Peete was one of the original hosts on The Talk’s freshman season, but the network didn’t renew her (or co-host Leah Remini’s) contract for Season 2 back in September. The decision has sparked ongoing protests from the show’s fans.
Before The Talk, Peete starred in several TV series, including Love, Inc., Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper, and 21 Jump Street. She also appeared on the third season of Celebrity Apprentice, finishing as the runner-up to winner Brett Michaels. The actress also launched the HollyRod Foundation, which provides support for families with autism.
Mike & Molly is currently airing its second season Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver