- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s been a busy day for CBS’ New Orleans-set NCIS spinoff.
Hours after tapping Scott Bakula and JAG‘s Zoe McLellan to star in the backdoor pilot, the spinoff has enlisted CCH Pounder for a major role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Set to air in the spring, the two-part planted pilot centers on the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans, with its rich setting of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave — and with fun comes trouble.
STORY: TV Pilots 2014: The Complete Guide
Pounder will play Dr. Wade, the Jefferson Parish Medical Examiner, who is as eccentric as she is smart. The character is described as worldly, intuitive and incredibly connected to Louisiana. She joins a cast that includes McLellan and Bakula, who play special agents.
NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and star Mark Harmon will executive produce the spinoff, which will air as a two-part episode in the spring.
Pounder, whose credits include FX’s Sons of Anarchy, Warehouse 13, Brothers and ER, is repped by Mitchell K. Stubbs & Associates.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day