- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Disney-owned network on Monday announced a straight-to-series order for Celebrity Wheel of Fortune. In the new take, which will air in primetime at a date to be determined, Pat Sajak and Vanna White will return to host the series that sees celebrity contestants vying for a $1 million cash prize that will then be donated to charity.
Like the syndicated version of Wheel, the new take will be produced by Sony Pictures Television. Mike Richards, whose credits include Jeopardy and Wheel, will serve as exec producer on the celebrity take.
Celebrity Wheel of Fortune arrives as ABC has found success with other star-studded unscripted offshoots. Jimmy Kimmel hosts a celebrity version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, has Celebrity Family Feud and, of course, has veteran format Dancing With the Stars.
An episode count and formal premiere date have yet to be determined. The series pickup comes as game shows have proven to be easier to produce during the pandemic. Wheel of Fortune has already been renewed through 2023.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day