- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson avoided jail time on Friday morning during his court sentencing for allegedly headbutting his estranged wife, Evelyn Lozada, last month.
TMZ has posted video showing Johnson being sentenced to 12 months’ probation and a batterers’ invention program. “The no contact order with Ms. Lozada is to remain in full force and effect during this period of time,” an attorney for Johnson is shown telling the judge, who responded: “That’s 500 feet or more away. Mr. Johnson, you understand that sir? And that’s no email, no Twitter, no text.”
Johnson pleaded no contest to the domestic battery stemming from the Aug. 11 incident, when he was arrested and later yanked off the team by the Miami Dolphins. Johnson and Lozado’s VH1 reality series, Ev and Ocho, was also dropped before it aired.
The unscripted series was scheduled to premiere Sept. 3 and follow Johnson — a six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver and reality TV veteran — and Lozada, who has starred on the network’s Basketball Wives series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day