- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Chainsmokers took the stage Sunday night at the Billboard Music Awards to perform their new song “Young.” The DJ duo, consisting of Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall, tied the record for most Billboard Music Award nominations in one year, with 22 nods.
With a sunset background, Taggart kicked off the performance by playing the acoustic guitar and singing lead. Meanwhile, Pall accompanied from behind by DJing and singing into a voice-changer microphone.
“Young” is featured on The Chainsmokers‘ new album, Memories…Do Not Open. The album peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and is currently in its fifth week on the chart at No. 12.
Earlier in the evening, the duo won top collaboration for “Closer” featuring Halsey. “We love you all. We are so grateful for this,” Taggart said in his acceptance speech.
The Billboard Music Awards aired live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT Sunday on ABC from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Vanessa Hudgens and Ludacris hosted. Keep up with all the latest news here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day