- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Corwin did not leave Endemol Shine without a plan.
The veteran TV executive is in advance discussions for a post at Ron Howard and Brian Grazer’s Imagine Entertainment. The production company declined to comment on the matter, but sources confirmed Wednesday that Corwin will assume the newly created role of CEO.
For the past two years, Corwin served as co-CEO and co-chairman of Endemol Shine North America, overseeing a sprawling roster of (largely unscripted) television series. Though the role at Imagine is not said to be a creative one, he will be part of a large portfolio of film, television and digital offerings.
Founded in the 1980s, Imagine’s output has grown considerably over the years. Next year sees the arrival of features The Dark Tower and Mena, while TV efforts currently include Fox’s Empire. A new installation of cult comedy Arrested Development also is expected to hit Netflix in the coming year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day