- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s no coffin or urn, but Sheen’s character Charlie Harper’s trademark bowling shirt is on display surrounded by elaborate flowers.
The episode will air on Sept. 19, the day after the Emmys. Ashton Kutcher will fill in for Sheen.
CBS entertainment chief Nina Tassler wouldn’t reveal details of the funeral, but did say earlier this week at TCA that “programming standards and practices team is already on high alert.”
Kutcher will be playing a broken-hearted Internet billionaire named Walden Schmidt. Chuck Lorre created the character.
At the first table read on Monday you could “cut the air with the knife,” Tassler said, referring to the pressure on the cast to continue the ratings of the show, and the adjustment with a new star.
As for Sheen, “I have no idea [whether Sheen can turn the corner with new Lionsgate project, Anger Management]. I know that he’s moved on and … his slate is full and he’s a very busy man,” Tassler said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day