- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Charlie’s Angels reboot is looking for a new Charlie.
The Sony TV-produced drama will no longer feature the voice of Robert Wagner, the 81-year-old actor who was set to take over for the late John Forsythe, who voiced the iconic character in the late 1970s series. The decision was reportedly due to scheduling conflicts.
A new lead will need to be cast well before the Minka Kelly-led drama debuts on Thursday, Sept. 22. Suggestions making the rounds online Thursday include Val Kilmer, William Shatner, James Earl Jones and Ricky Gervais.
The news, first reported by TV Guide, comes on the heels of another recent recasting on Sony-produced, ABC drama, Pan Am. The period piece, starring Christina Ricci, will now feature Mike Vogel (Cloverfield, She’s Out of My League) as Dean, a part that belonged to actor Jonah Lotan in the pilot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day