- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is getting ahead of its new fall season with votes of confidence for three new series.
The network on Monday announced that it would be ordering five additional scripts for Charmed and All American, as well as three more scripts for Legacies.
With the rest of the broadcast networks already in full swing on the 2018-19 season, The CW will kick things off on Tuesday night with the returns of The Flash and Black Lightning.
The three script orders constitute the entirety of The CW’s new offerings for the fall season. The network, annually scant on free real estate, had to add programming to Sunday nights this season just to accommodate more programming. That’s where the update of the WB supernatural drama Charmed will air, alongside Supergirl, starting this Sunday.
Legacies is a continuation of the long-running CW franchise The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, while All American is something of a new spin for the network — a high school drama focused on the race and class issues that follow the arrival of a new football player.
All American and Legacies hail from Warner Bros. TV, while Charmed comes from CBS Television Studios.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day