- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fruitvale Station breakout Melonie Diaz has landed one of the three starring roles in The CW’s modern update of Charmed.
Described as a fierce, funny and feminist reboot of the original series, the drama centers on three sisters in a college town who discover they are witches. Between vanquishing supernatural demons, tearing down the patriarchy, and maintaining familial bonds, a witch’s work is never done.
Diaz will play Mel, one of the three sisters, who is described as a passionate, outspoken activist who loses her way in the wake of family tragedy.
Diaz’s credits also include The Belko Experiment, Amazon feature Gringo and Fruitvale Station. Her TV credits include Room 104, The Breaks and Nip/Tuck. She’s repped by Gersh, Thruline Entertainment and Morris Yorn. She joins Ser’Darius Blain in the Charmed cast.
Jessica O’Toole and Amy Rardin (Jane the Virgin) penned the Charmed script with a story by Jennie Urman, with the trio exec producing the CBS Television Studios drama alongside Ben Silverman. Brad Silberling will direct the pilot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day