- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
We were just celebrating Chaz Bono’s engagement to girlfriend of more than six years, Jennifer Elia, in late-November. But, apparently, the wedding is off.
“Thanks for your concern about our separation,” Bono tweeted to fans about the news on Monday. “I’m doing fine, and we remain on good terms with nothing but respect and affection for each other.”
The couple got engaged at the top of the Seattle Space Needle while cameras rolled on their OWN special, Being Chaz, which aired on Nov. 27.
“They leave this relationship with great love, respect and affection towards one another,” the couple’s publicist, Howard Bragman, tells People magazine. “No further amplification will be forthcoming and they ask that you respect their privacy at this time.”
At press time, Elia had yet to address the breakup on Twitter. Though, she did thank a friend for offering to be there if she needed to talk about it.
Viewers got to know Elia on Bono’s first OWN special, Becoming Chaz, which followed his transition from female to male. It aired in May of this year as the first offering from the network’s OWN Documentary Club and attracted an average of 705,000 viewers. Being Chaz premiered to about 380,000 viewers.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day