- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stage actor Mark Povinelli has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea.
The series, a multicamera comedy for NBC, is inspired by Chelsea Handler’s best-selling autobiographical book of the same name. It centers on Handler’s fast-paced life as a single, 20-something cocktail waitress.
Povinelli will play the part of Todd. The 3’9” actor’s previous TV credits include guest turns on Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire and FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Laura Prepon (That ‘70s Show) is already on board as Vodka’s title character. Filling out the cast is Angel Laketa Moore (ER), who will play the assistant manager at the bar, and standup comedian Jo Koy, who signed on late last week as the bartender.
The pilot is executive produced by Dharma & Greg co-creator Dottie Zicklin and Julie Larson. Handler will executive produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day