- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the first promo for the series, a precursor to her own talk format that’s set to follow later in 2016, the late-night personality acknowledges that she’s been off the radar for a spell. (Former E! series Chelsea Lately signed off in August 2014.)
“I haven’t had a lot going on recently,” says Handler. “So I decided, ‘Screw it, why not do something completely different?'”
Directed by Eddie Schmidt (This Film Is Not Yet Rated), each of the docs finds Handler exploring a different area of her own personal fascination: drugs, racism, marriage and Silicon Valley. Handler told reporters in July that all four docs begin with her meeting with a psychologist, with whom she can talk through her issues on each particular subject.
Next up for Handler at Netflix is the yet-to-be-named talk show, which is said to have multiple new episodes planned a week. MSNBC alum Bill Wolff was named showrunner in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day