- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cheryl Cole is returning to the judges’ table for The X Factor U.K.’s 11th season, confirmed Simon Cowell via Twitter on Monday.
“It’s official! Cheryl is back,” he tweeted. “Be careful what you wish for.”
The Girls Aloud star was a judge on the U.K. show through 2010 before briefly serving as a judge on the now-canceled U.S. version. Cowell said her return will be an asset in the show’s quest to find a global superstar.
“Most importantly, she is a brilliant judge of talent,” he said.
Cowell recently announced his return to the show after a three-year absence. The last time Cowell was a judge on the U.K. version, the final episode drew 17.2 million viewers. The most recent season finale reached only 9.11 million viewers. Without Cowell, the ITV show has typically drawn smaller audiences than BBC rival Strictly Come Dancing, whose U.S. version is Dancing With the Stars.
ITV late last year inked a three-year renewal deal for X Factor. Former Take That star Gary Barlow and music manager Louis Walsh have previously said that they would be leaving the ITV show, but a spokesman has yet to officially confirm their exits.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day