- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor and singer said he couldn’t go into detail on the role, but officially landed the part on Wednesday.
“I’m not allowed to say who I’m (playing) but it’s pretty exciting,” Jackson said Thursday at the Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York.
Earlier this week, Rob Lowe and Scott Bakula were announced as new cast members with Lowe (Parks and Recreation) in talks to play Liberace’s plastic surgeon; Bakula (Men of a Certain Age) will play Bob Black, the choreographer who introduced the singer to Thorson.
Jackson, meanwhile, said he hopes to return for the final season of NBC’s 30 Rock, where he has a recurring arc as a rival to Jenna Maroney (Jane Krakowski). The actor, who also appears on Glee and whose Broadway credits include Xanadu and All Shook Up returns to the Great White Way this fall in the play The Performers, a comedy about the porn industry.
His debut pop solo album, Drive, is slated for release next month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day