- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Chicago Fire is getting into some family drama.
The freshman drama from Dick Wolf has booked Apollo 13 Oscar nominee Kathleen Quinlan for a multiple-episode arc, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The Wednesday night drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department stars Jesse Spencer as Lt. Matthew Casey, a member of the Truck 81 crew.
Quinlan will join the series as Spencer’s mother.
The drama, which co-stars Taylor Kinney, recently earned a vote of confidence from NBC with an order for five additional scripts after posting a 20 percent uptick among adults 18-49.
Quinlan earned a best supporting actress Oscar nomination for her role as Marilyn Lovell opposite Tom Hanks in the 1995 feature Apollo 13. Repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, her small-screen credits also include Prison Break, The Event and an episode of Glee.
Chicago Fire airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day