- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC has found its Spy guy.
Childrens’ Hospital star Rob Corddry has been tapped to star in the ABC comedy pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the British series of the same name, Corddry will play Tim, a well-intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite who inadvertently takes a job at the secret service in order to prove himself a worthy father.
The half-hour single-camera comedy will be written by Simeon Goulden, creator of the Sky1 series on which the ABC effort is based. The British series, now in its second season, has been distributed stateside on Hulu. Jimmy Mulville and Helen Williams are on board to executive produce alongside Goulden, who will pen the pilot for ABC Studios and Hat Trick Productions.
In addition to writing and starring on Adult Swim’s Childrens’ Hospital, the WME, Principato-Young and Hansen Jacobson-repped comedian’s credits also include Hot Tub Time Machine, episodes of Ben and Kate, Happy Endings and Community. He also a former Daily Show correspondent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day