- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The special, titled “A Midwinter’s Tale,” is set to drop Friday, Dec. 14. Netflix included a couple of short clips from the episode in a teaser for its holiday programming.
“A Midwinter’s Tale” is set during the Church of Night’s celebration of the winter solstice. On the longest night of the year, families gather around the Yule fire to sing pagan carols and tell ghost stories. The holidays are also a time for guests and visitors — both welcome and unwelcome — and you never know who’ll drop down the chimney.
The episode will largely focus on the solstice celebration, but elements of it will be part of the series’ continuity.
The show’s regular cast — lead Kiernan Shipka, Miranda Otto, Lucy Davis, Ross Lynch, Michelle Gomez, Chance Perdomo, Jaz Sinclair, Tati Gabrielle, Adeline Rudolph, Abigail Cowen and Lachlan Watson — is all set to appear in the special.
Showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Donna Thorland wrote “A Midwinter’s Tale,” and Jeff Woolnough directed.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina debuted Oct. 26 on Netflix. After initially being developed for The CW, the series came to the streaming service with a two-season, 20-episode order; a release date for season two has yet to be announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day