- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Idol was fairly well represented during the Major League Baseball World Series. That would have nothing to do with the fact that they both share a home base on Fox, of course.
VIDEO: Famous Flubs of the National Anthem
Season 4 finalist, rocker Chris Daughtry sang the national anthem during Friday’s Game 7 while Season 10 winner, Scotty McCreery, country crooned “The Star Spangled Banner” last week for Game 1. So, in the spirit of good old American sportsmanship, why wouldn’t we pit the two against each other and let the fans vote? They’re used to that.
Daughtry did a traditional take on America’s tune with some edge and definitely showed how a rocker’s pipes could come in handy on the anthem.
Many fans appreciated McCreery’s spin on the song while others thought he might have been laying the country drawl down a little thick. And he even created some waves as people wondered if he had flubbed the song’s lyrics. He wouldn’t have been the first star to do so.
PHOTOS: ‘American Idol’ Class Picture: More One-on-One Interviews with the Alums
Watch the performances below and tell us what you think.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day