- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After weeks of speculating over his casting, I can now report that your wishes (and mine) have come true.
An HBO spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Chris Meloni is joining True Blood as a series regular for Season 5. Executive producer Alan Ball, the maker himself, broke the news first to TVLine.
Ball describes Meloni’s role as “an ancient, powerful vampire who holds the fate of Bill and Eric in his hands.”
Ever since the news broke that Meloni was negotiating for a role, fans have suspected he may be part of The Vampire Authority, the council which rules over all vampires and gives its royalty their power.
Meloni recently left Law & Order: SVU after 12 seasons on the show. This casting represents a homecoming for the actor after starring in the HBO series, Oz, from 1998-2003. He has also starred on several other series, including NYPD Blue, The Boys, and The Fanelli Boys. He’s also appearing in the next Superman flick, Man of Steel, due out in 2013.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day