- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christina Aguilera has joined NBC’s The Voice as the third judge.
The Grammy-winning singer joins previously announced musician coaches Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Cee Lo Green. She recently starred on the big screen in Burlesque opposite Cher and had a cameo in the comedy, Get Him to the Greek.
“Her journey as an artist, who started so young in the music business, will be an inspiration to the talent she coaches on the show,” said Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios.
“To be given the opportunity to help shape new artists’ careers and mentor them to see their dreams come to fruition is a task I welcome with open arms,” Aguilera said in a statement.
The Voice, hosted by Carson Daly and from Mark Burnett, launches with a two-hour premiere Tuesday, April 26 at 9 p.m. on NBC.
The announcement was made one day after Aguilera was arrested for public intoxication.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day