- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Grinder is already courting some very familiar guest stars. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Christina Applegate is set to appear on the new Fox comedy, playing an old flame of Rob Lowe‘s character.
Applegate is playing Kelly Summers, a high school romance of Lowe’s Dean — and while the rest of Boise is abuzz with his return from Hollywood after starring in the meta legal drama that shares the sitcom’s title, Kelly is unimpressed. She claims to not own a TV, or have ever seen his show, both facts that seem to charm Dean.
The Grinder, which is currently looking for a new showrunner, recently nabbed Nat Faxon to play a member of the Boise elite.
Applegate’s visit to The Grinder, during the fifth episode, comes as the actress has been making less frequent appearances on TV. With the exception of two episodes of Web Therapy, her last TV gig was starring in NBC’s short-lived Up All Night.
She is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day