- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christina Ricci is heading to NBC.
The actress is near a deal to star in the network’s comedy pilot Girlfriend in a Coma, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Nurse Jackie‘s Liz Brixius and Law & Order: SVU/Chicago Fire‘s Dick Wolf, the comedy revolves around Karen, who after almost two decades, wakes up from a coma to find out she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold.
Ricci will star as Karen in the single-camera comedy from Universal Television and Wolf Films. Brixius will pen the script and exec produce alongside Wolf, Danielle Gelber and Peter Jankowski.
Ricci most recently guest starred on CBS’ The Good Wife. Last year, she starred on ABC’s period drama Pan Am. Her small-screen credits also include Saving Grace and Grey’s Anatomy, the latter of which earned her an Emmy nomination. On the big screen, she had roles in Speed Racer, Penelope and Monster.
She’s repped by ICM Partners, Management 360 and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day