- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC was the only broadcast network to roll out original programming on the final Friday of 2011.
Chuck (3.2 million total viewers, 0.8 rating in adults 18-49 demographic) sank in the ratings compared to the previous week’s performance in the demo (0.8 vs. 1.0).
The fact that it was the only scripted offering that wasn’t a repeat didn’t in fact boost it to take the 8 p.m. time slot victory. That honor went to a rerun of Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares, followed by a tie for second: a CBS encore of A Gifted Man and the first half of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on ABC. The latter two notched a 0.9 in the demo, while Nightmares scored a 1.1.
Friday’s episode of Chuck, “Chuck Versus the Baby” — the eighth of the action drama’s final season — had Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) going on a solo mission, during which she encounters her original handler (White Collar‘s Tim DeKay). Cheryl Ladd also appeared in the episode as Sarah’s mother.
At 10 p.m., NBC’s Dateline (5.2 million, 1.2) rose a healthy amount from its last airing, improving more than 2 million viewers.
ABC and CBS tied for first on the night with a 1.0 rating. NBC followed close behind with a 0.9 average, with Fox and the CW trailing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day