- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After first turning the lens on the events of the 2016 presidential election, the second season of the unscripted series focuses specifically on the first 100 days of Trump’s presidency — and the many shocking turns of events that have come from his short time in office so far.
As host and exec producer John Heilemann describes it, “Trump is like a bomb that’s gone off in Washington. … The ripples extend all over the world.”
In The Hollywood Reporter‘s exclusive video, Heilemann and fellow hosts Mark Halperin and Mark McKinnon take viewers behind the scenes on their inside journey of “covering Washington like it’s never been covered before,” according to McKinnon.
That includes not only filming meetings of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Freedom Caucus and a trip on Air Force One, but also examining the resistance stemming from the president’s divisive term so far, including the Women’s March on Washington.
“We’ve really made it our business to pull back curtains that normally don’t get pulled back,” Heilemann explains. “We’re in unchartered waters every single day.”
Check out the exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the revealing docuseries below.
The Circus airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on Showtime.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day