- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Love scenes can be awkward enough, but for Claire Danes, performing them while pregnant took that discomfort to the next level.
“I was pregnant for the second season of Homeland, and as my baby progressed, the show got more action-packed. At one point, we were shooting in an old sewage factory. I was kidnapped, I was chained to a pipe, it was 4 a.m., I was 7½ months pregnant, and I was like, ‘This sucks,’ ” says Danes. “I had to do love scenes pregnant. That was really unpleasant.”
Danes, who welcomed son Cyrus with husband Hugh Dancy in December 2012, says her unborn child was particularly active during one love scene, ” like he was protesting on my husband’s behalf.”
PHOTOS: THR Actress Roundtable
The actress made her comments during The Hollywood Reporter‘s actress roundtable. photos of the actresses here.
THR‘s roundtable series is part of the leadup to Emmys season, and has already included a discussion with TV’s hottest drama showrunners. Read the drama showrunners roundtable here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day