- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“We both decided during her fitting yesterday that she should wear it up,” says hair guru Peter Butler, “but that’s as much direction as Claire gives me.” And after 12 years working together with the lead actress nominee, it’s as much input Butler needs to know exactly what works for the blonde Homeland star.
So it’s no surprise that the stylist created another winning look for Danes at Sunday’s Golden Globes, opting for a low-slung chignon, with soft strands framing the face. The sophisticated style not only complements the neckline of her Valentino gown, but also draws attention to her sapphire-laden Lorraine Schwartz jewels.
To create Dane’s style, Butler blow-dried her hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lifting Foam Air Mousse for hold, then curled hair in sections. Next, Butler made a low ponytail and twisted sections of strands around the base in a clockwise manner in “a pretzel-like shape,” he says, securing the look with a few large bobby pins. Using Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray, Butler set the look in place. “Because the dress has so much detail, we thought to keep it really simple and elegant,” says Butler.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day