- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Clive Owen is returning to TV.
The thriller centers on Lisey (Moore), who is two years removed from the death of her husband. A series of events causes her to begin facing certain realities about her husband that she had repressed and forgotten.
Owen will play Lisey’s husband, Scott Landon. The role marks the Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominee’s first series role since The Knick, the Steven Soderbergh-produced and -directed drama that aired on Cinemax in 2014-15.
Lisey’s Story comes from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot — which also has Little Voice and My Glory Was I Had Such Friends set for the tech giant’s Apple TV+ platform — and Warner Bros. TV. King, Moore, Abrams and Bad Robot’s Ben Stephenson are executive producers.
Owen will next be seen in Ang Lee’s Gemini Man, which hits theaters Friday and is toplined by Will Smith (both the present-day actor and a de-aged version). The Children of Men star’s other recent credits include The Confirmation and Ophelia. Owen is repped by CAA and Howard Fishman.
Deadline first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day