- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox News Channel has gone outside the typical crowd for its latest contributor hire. Following a few weeks of talks, actress Stacey Dash has signed with the network.
The 47-year-old, best known for starring alongside Alicia Silverstone in 1995 hit Clueless, has inked a deal to offer cultural analysis and commentary across daytime and primetime.
“Stacey is an engaging conversationalist whose distinctive viewpoints among her Hollywood peers have spawned national debates – we’re pleased to have her join Fox News,” said Bill Shine, network executive vp news.
Dash is no stranger to politics. Known as an outspoken conservative on Twitter, her endorsement of Mitt Romney in 2012 landed her several television appearances – including a day as a guest panelist on The View. The time since has seen Dash move more into commentary.
Still a working actress, Dash’s other credits include stints on TV series Single Ladies, The Game and the ABC adaptation of Clueless.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day