- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CMT has renewed its Saturday unscripted series Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation.
They have become the cable network’s two highest-rated originals ever, averaging nearly 1 million total viewers each since their January bows.
“Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation with Tom Arnold have energized Saturday nights on CMT and become runaway hits for the network,” CMT exec vp programming and development Jayson Dinsmore said Thursday. “We’ve only begun to scratch the surface with both of these fantastic families and look forward to even more laughs next season from the bayou and beyond.”
Bayou Billionaires revolves around the Dowden family of Shreveport, La., who hit paydirt when the fourth-largest deposit of natural gas in the U.S. was found on their property.
Redneck, hosted by Arnold, follows the extended Clampet family as they experience the vacation of a lifetime in the Hamptons.
The series will air their freshman-season finales March 31, starting at 9 p.m. Both return for their second seasons in June.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day