- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A CNN anchor had a surprising assessment of Saturday’s Dallas shooting.
The network’s Fredricka Whitfield was speaking to CNN legal analyst Philip Holloway when she offered words of praise for the driver of an armored van who opened fire outside of the Dallas police department’s headquarters. The driver was killed by a police sniper.
“It was very courageous and brave, if not crazy as well, to open fire on the police headquarters, and now you have this scene, this standoff,” Whitfield said.
Holloway responded by saying: “I think the Dallas police did an excellent job handling this situation, and we’re very fortunate that no one other than the suspect was injured.”
A CNN rep did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Horse Dies on Amazon’s ‘The Rings of Power’ Set, PETA Calls for Use of CGI Animals
‘Great Expectations’ Review: Olivia Colman in an FX/Hulu Dickens Adaptation That Strains for Edginess
the tonight show
‘Succession’ Star Kieran Culkin Explains Why Roman Roy Doesn’t Seem to Understand Chairs