- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
No, that’s not Nancy.
CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer apologized during CNN’s lead-up live coverage to the second GOP presidential debate Wednesday night after the network reported that Nancy Reagan was in attendance at the event being held in the presidential library named after he late husband.
CNN showed a woman in the audience claiming it was the 94-year-old former First Lady.
— Brenna Williams (@brennawilliams) September 16, 2015
A few minutes later, Blitzer apologized for misidentifying the woman.
“By the way, we want to apologize to our viewers. We thought we saw Nancy Reagan here in the hall. We are now told that was not Nancy Reagan,” Blitzer said. “We’re going to find out what exactly happened, but that’s an apology from all of us here.”
It didn’t take long for viewers to let CNN have it over social media for the mistake.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day