- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Van Jones, who serves as a political commentator for CNN and has hosted several town halls for the network this year, is set to have his own twice-a month show. The Van Jones Show will debut in January, CNN announced Monday.
The show will have a live studio audience and will run for an hour in primetime. The network did not provide any further programming details.
CNN also announced the development of a new original series in partnership with the production company Citizen Jones. The project will be executive produced by Jason Cohen.
Jones briefly served as former President Barack Obama’s “green jobs czar” before resigning under pressure from Glenn Beck and others in conservative media for his past statements.
More recently, Jones was targeted by conservative provocateur James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas organization. A video released by the group in late June showed Jones saying that the notion of Russian meddling in American elections was “a big nothingburger.”
Jones also gained some notoriety for his comments in the immediate aftermath of Donald Trump’s election, which he called a “whitelash.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina