- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anderson Cooper, Miley Cyrus and recent Dancing With the Stars champion J.R. Martinez were among those who came out Sunday night to pay tribute to “individuals who go to extraordinary lengths to serve others” at the fifth annual CNN Heroes event.
Cooper, who hosted the ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, revealed at the end of the night that Robin Lim had been named as the 2011 CNN Hero of the Year.
Lim’s nonprofit organization, Bumi Sehat Foundation, which will receive a $25,000 grant, provides medical assistance to pregnant low-income women in Indonesia.
In addition, each of the top 10 CNN Heroes will receive $50,000.
During the event, Cyrus performed her hit single “The Climb,” while Kid Rock performed his song “Care.”
Cyrus, along with Chris Colfer and Emma Roberts, also presented to youths who were recognized and honored by CNN as “Young Wonders.”
Other celebrity participants included Jerry Seinfeld, Sofia Vergara, Mary-Louise Parker, Ice Cube, Laura Dern, will.i.am, Christy Turlington Burns, George Lopez and Kurt Warner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day