- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CNN has greenlighted a new series centered on two marijuana moguls.
High Profits, an eight-episode original production eyed for a 2015 debut on the cable news network, follows Breckenridge Cannabis Club owners Brian Rogers and Caitlin McGuire, two business-minded, dream-seeking, relentless visionaries with a unique plan: to franchise marijuana.
Each one-hour episode will delve into the industry and follow the pair as they manage a lucrative chain of retail marijuana stores with an eye for expansion outside of the Colorado market. Following Colorado’s legalization of the use and sale of recreational marijuana — the first to do so in the world — sales at the Breckenridge Cannabis Club have grown from a $515,000 business a year business to a $5 million a year operation with 30 employees.
The Austin-based Bat Bridge Entertainment produces the new series.
The new docuseries joins a programming slate that includes Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, This is Life with Lisa Ling, Somebody’s Gotta Do It With Mike Rowe and The Hunt With John Walsh. CNN recently axed several shows — Crossfire, Sanjay Gupta M.D., CNN Money With Christine Romans and Unguarded With Rachel Nichols — amid Turner layoffs.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live