- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CNN has reached a settlement with the family of Toni Medrano, who killed herself in July after Nancy Grace repeatedly mocked her on air, the network announced on Monday. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Grace, a combative Headline News host, dubbed Medrano the “Vodka Mom” for having in November 2011 allegedly passed out after drinking nearly a full bottle of the liquor and smothering to death her three week old child. Grace, on her show, demanded that Medrano be charged with first degree murder, and poured shots from a bottle of vodka to demonstrate how much she drank.
In July 2012, a distraught Medrano, 29, lit herself on fire in the backyard of her mother’s home in St. Paul, Minnesota.
“She got depressed and said life wasn’t worth living,” her sister told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “She said she couldn’t live with herself.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day