- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Another familiar face is coming back to Coach.
Bill Fagerbakke, who played special teams coach Michael “Dauber” Dybinski, has signed on as a series regular for the upcoming NBC revival, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Fagerbakke was a series regular throughout Coach‘s original nine-season run on ABC. He joins star Craig T. Nelson, who will reprise his role as Hayden Fox and also executive produce the series. The follow-up, which is slated to premiere midseason on NBC, picks up 18 years later with Hayden serving as an assistant coach to his son, who is the head coach at an Ivy League school in Pennsylvania launching a new football program.
The revival comes from original Coach creator Barry Kemp. So far Nelson and Fagerbakke are the only original stars confirmed to be reprising their roles.
The multicam comedy is produced by Universal Television.
Fagerbakke’s other credits include his longtime voice role on Spongebob Squarepants as Patrick the Starfish.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day