- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stephen Colbert took gleeful delight in mocking Donald Trump’s favorite show, Fox & Friends, for its comical attempts to avoid covering the first indictments arising from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.
“This is huge news, and all the networks scrambled to cover the latest from the Mueller investigation. Except, of course, for the president’s roadside petting zoo over at Fox & Friends,” said a deadpan Colbert.
The Late Show host ran through clips of all the important stories Fox & Friends did cover as news of the indictments broke early Monday morning, including former Superman Dean Cain opining on how millennials had ruined Halloween, a story on Reese’s Pieces, and the “biggest news” regarding Google’s faux pas of having the slice of cheese under the beef on its burger emoji: “OK, I’m actually mad about this one.Google, you don’t put cheese below the burger!”
He added: “It seems like Fox News is going out of its way to cover anything other than the Mueller investigation.”
See the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day