- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tapings on Feb. 15 and 16 were canceled at the last minute, with ticket holders invited to re-apply for a future taping. Some fans were already lining up at the show’s Manhattan studio — and some were even in their seats — when Comedy Central sent an e-mail Wednesday alerting ticket holders to the cancellation.
Stephen Colbert did not release an official reason for the sudden cancellation of tapings, but reports surfaced that said it was due to his 91-year-old mother’s ailing health. Comedy Central would only say that the tapings were canceled due to “unforeseen circumstances.”
On Friday, Colbert tweeted to his fans: “My family and I would like to thank everyone who has offered their thoughts and prayers. We are grateful and touched by your concern.”
This week’s guests include Ann Patchett, owner of Parnassus Books on Monday, Robert Kagan, author of The World America Made on Tuesday and Nancy Pelosi, minority leader of the House of Representatives on Wednesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day