- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Playground Entertainment, the production outfit set up by former HBO Films boss Colin Callender, is expanding its British operations by hiring Louise Pedersen from U.K. production giant All3Media, which has been acquired by Discovery Communications and Liberty Global.
Pedersen joins as managing director of Playground in the U.K. and will head up the company’s new London office due to open in early 2015. She will report directly to Callender who spent 21 years at HBO before leaving in 2008 and founding Playground in 2012.
“Louise will be an invaluable strategic addition to the Playground team,” said Callender. “She has a masterful understanding of the changing television landscape in Britain and around the world and has worked with some of the best drama producers in the U.K.”
Playground is currently working on two series. Wolf Hall is a six-part co-production miniseries, adapted from Booker Prize-winner Hilary Mantel’s bestselling historical novel and starring Damian Lewis, set to air on BBC and PBS in 2015. The Missing is an upcoming eight-part series being made for the BBC and Starz in cooperation with New Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day