- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During the Aug. 4 taping, frequent roaster Jeffrey Ross turned to fellow roaster Seth Green and made a joke about last month’s movie theater shooting Aurora, Colo.
“Seth, congratulations. This is actually a great night for you,” said Ross, who came dressed as Joe Paterno. “You haven’t gotten this much attention since you shot all those people in Aurora.” Green, like Holmes on the evening of July 20, has a full head of red hair.
“I’m kidding,” Ross continued. “You are not like James Holmes. At least he did something in a movie theater that people remember!”
A Comedy Central spokesperson confirmed that the joke will not appear in the edited-down version set to air next week. Ross appeared on Howard Stern‘s radio show Monday morning to discuss the event and the preparation that’s required.
It is worth noting that Ross is not the first comedian to serve up a joke about the shooting at a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Dane Cook, too, used the tragedy as fodder but later apologized.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day