- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The executioner is coming.
Bastard Executioner tells the story of a warrior knight in King Edward I’s charge who is broken by the ravages of war and vows to lay down his sword. When that violence finds him again, however, he’s forced to pick up the bloodiest sword of all.
The series stars newcomer Lee Jones along with Sutter’s wife and Sons of Anarchy star Katey Sagal, True Blood‘s Stephen Moyer, Flora Spencer-Longhurst, Sam Spruell, Darren Evans, Danny Sapani, Sons’ Timothy V. Murphy, Sarah White, Sarah Sweeney, Elen Rhys, Ethan Griffiths and guest star Matthew Rhys.
Bastard Executioner, which is currently filming in Wales, also reunites Sutter with director/executive producer Paris Barclay, who helmed the two-hour pilot episode. The period drama was ordered to series in late May, with its 10-episode first season set to debut in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day