- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Many in the entertainment industry trek from Hollywood to Comic-Con not for any panel in Hall H, not to see if there are any comic properties to snap up, but for the thriving party scene that has cropped up over the past decade.
After film behemoths Marvel, Sony and Paramount opted to sit out Comic-Con this year, TV is taking a front seat at the annual pop culture convention, set for July 8-12. And that includes the party circuit, with familiar (Warner Bros. Television, Fox, The Walking Dead) and new faces (Universal Cable Productions, Fear the Walking Dead) helping to offset missing studio bashes.
Here’s The Hollywood Reporter‘s full guide to parties at Comic-Con International, set to kick off Wednesday, July 8, with Preview Night.
Wednesday, July 8
• Third Annual Enchantment Under the SDCC. 8 p.m., Mission Brewery, 1441 L St. (all ages)
• Zenescope Entertainment’s 10th anniversary party, hosted by Echo Lake. 8-11:30 p.m., Level 9 Rooftop Bar & Lounge, Hotel Indigo, 509 Ninth Ave. RSVP required.
• J!NX presents Gabe Eltaeb’s second annual Comic Kickoff Fundraiser, benefiting the Hero Initiative. Sponsored by Razer, Dark Horse Comics and Loot Crate. Celebrity guests, mingle with artists and support a great cause. 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Basic Urban Kitchen + Bar. 410 10th Ave. Free.
• HitFix Comic-Con Kick-Off Party. 9 p.m., Hotel Solamar, 435 Sixth Ave. RSVP required.
Thursday, July 9
• Wired Cafe. Annual talent and VIP private lounge, featuring live DJ, food and drinks as an escape from the crowds. 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Omni San Diego Hotel terrace, 675 L St. Invitation only.
• The Green Inferno. Eli Roth and BH Tilt offer a party with the foods and spirits of the Amazon Rainforest at an immersive exhibit. Original art by Taz, special announcement, exclusive content and party with the cast and filmmaker. 5-7 p.m, Fogo de Chao, 668 Fifth Ave. RSVP required.
• YouTube and Google’s Comic-Con Welcome Party. Creators, brands, media and entertainment partners expected to attend. 5-8 p.m., Altitude Sky Lounge at the San Diego Marriott, 660 K St. RSVP required.
• Fandango party. Featuring music performance by Best Coast plus celebrity guests and an artist showcase. 8:30-11:30 p.m., Omnia Rooftop, 454 Sixth Ave. RSVP required.
• IGN bash. 7 p.m., Float at the Hard Rock Hotel, 207 Fifth Ave. RSVP required.
• Nerd HQ Fan Party. 9 p.m., New Children’s Museum, 200 West Island Ave. Free, 18 and over admitted at the door.
• Outcast bash. With special guests from The Walking Dead. Sponsored by Fox International Studios. 9 p.m., Andaz Hotel Rooftop, 600 F St. RSVP required.
Friday, July 10
• Gotham Group/Principal Entertainment’s annual Comic-Con lunch. 1-4 p.m., Rama, 327 Fourth Ave. RSVP required.
• Geeks for Peace. Fundraiser hosted by Morgan Spurlock, Kevin Smith and Gotham Chopra and benefitting Kids for Peace. Band from TV (Greg Grunberg, Adrian Pasdar, Scott Grimes, Efren Ramirez and Eddie Matos) will perform. Guests include Giancarlo Esposito and Frances Fisher. 7 p.m., Moniker Warehouse, 705 16th St. Tickets: http://www.geeksforpeace.org/.
• BuzzFeed and The CW’s Super Power Hour. Featuring superhero talent from Legends of Tomorrow, Vixen, The Flash, Arrow and BuzzFeed standards rooftop beer pong, GIF booth, DJ and superhero-themed bars. 5-8 p.m., Altitude Sky Lounge at the Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, 660 K St. Invitation only.
• Universal Cable Productions cocktail reception. 6-9 p.m., Omnia, 454 Sixth Ave. RSVP required.
• Warner Bros. Television annual media mixer. 7-9 p.m., Float Rooftop Bar at the Hard Rock, 207 Fifth Ave. RSVP required.
• Mash Bash. Mashable’s debut SDCC party. 8-11 p.m., Luce Loft, 1037 J St. RSVP required.
• Entertainment Tonight, Tumblr and AMC present Fear The Walking Dead party. Cast and producers from the zombie drama’s upcoming companion series hosts a screening at 7 p.m. at Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15 (701 Fifth Ave.) followed by a party at the starlight Terrace, Hilton Gaslamp, 401 K St. Invitation only.
• CraveOnline’s Crave Escape aboard the USS Midway. Featuring performances by Cold War Kids, Bad Suns and Cathedrals as well as the best of gaming cosplay fashion show. 7-11 p.m., 910 N. Harbor Dr.
• Fox/FX/20th Century Fox TV/Fox International Channels Comic-Con party. Featuring talent from the network, studio and FX programming. 9 p.m., Andaz, 600 F St. RSVP required.
• Syfy’s Sharknado 3 party. Featuring stars Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Cassie Scerbo, David Hasselhoff and more. 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Hotel Solamar, fourth floor rooftop, 435 Sixth Ave. RSVP only.
• Robert Kirkman‘s Skybound Entertainment celebrates its fifth anniversary and Air premiere. Guests expected: Norman Reedus (Air, The Walking Dead), Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead), Melissa McBride (The Walking Dead), Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead), Cliff Curtis (Fear The Walking Dead), Sandrine Holt (Fear The Walking Dead), Patrick Fugit (Outcast, Gone Girl), Kim Dickens (Fear The Walking Dead). 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Western Metal Rooftop, Petco Park, 100 Park Blvd. RSVP only.
• Tested.com presents Cinephile for the Love of Film with Adam Savage. Annual party to see Savage’s collection of props and memorabilia. Drinks, food and surprises. 9 p.m., Fluxx, 500 Fourth Ave. Free and open to the public, age 21 and up.
• Playboy and Gramercy Pictures’ Self/Less party. Ben McKenzie, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley expected to attend. 10 p.m., Parq, 615 Broadway. RSVP required.
• Nerdist and Geek & Sundry present Conival. Felicia Day and Chris Hardwick host a dance party at Petco Park. Drinks and revelry, 10 p.m.-2 a.m., hosted bar until midnight. RSVP required.
• Nerd HQ annual star-studded bash. DJ Nerd spins as the dancing starts at 10 p.m. as this party goes into the morning light. New Children’s Museum, 200 W. Island Ave. RSVP only.
Saturday, July 11
• Bill Prady‘s (The Big Bang Theory, The Muppets) annual Cocktails at Comic-Con meet-up. 4-8 p.m., Siren’s Call pool bar at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, 1 Park Blvd. RSVP only.
• NBC Digital Network. Featuring talent from Grimm, Heroes Reborn, Blindspot, Hannibal and more. 7-9 p.m., Rooftop of the Andaz Hotel, 600 F. St. Invitation only.
• Entertainment Weekly’s annual star-studded Comic-Con closing night celebration. 9 p.m., Float at the Hard Rock Hotel, 207 Fifth Ave. Invitation only.
• GeekNation’s closing night party. Sharknado, Agents of SHIELD, The Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story and more talent expected to attend. 11 p.m.-2 a.m., Andaz Hotel rooftop, 600 F St. RSVP required.
• Nerd HQ Dance Party. 9 p.m.-2 a.m., New Children’s Museum, 200 West Island Ave. Free, 18 and over admitted at the door.
For updates and additions, contact Lesley.Goldberg@THR.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day