- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Strain is ready to infect once again.
Executive producers Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse introduced new elements from season two, which premieres Sunday.
Season two opens with a special prologue directed by co-creator Guillermo del Toro looking at the Strigoi back through history. Del Toro screened the prologue, which has a fairy tail feel and tells the tragic story of how Sardu, a kind man with a unique affliction, became infected.
The first season of The Strain centered on New New Yorkers in denial about vampirism taking over the city, leaving Eph (Corey Stoll), hunter Setrakian (David Bradley) and their ragtag team to eliminate the danger. In Season two, the rest of the population is aware of the threat.
“It’s been beautiful not to be completely slavish to the books, to get the greatest things from the books but have a partnership that really expands upon it,” said Del Toro.
The Strain season two premieres Sunday at 10 p.m. on FX.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day